Division of Infectious Diseases
|Head of Division||Prof. Nelson LS Lee, Daniel Yu Professor of Infectious Diseases|
|Clinical Staff||Dr. Kin-Wing Choi, Consultant, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital
Dr. Grace CY Lui, Associate Consultant, Prince of Wales Hospital
Dr. Timothy CM Li, Medical Officer
Dr. Heather KW To, Medical Officer
|Nursing Staff:||Ms. Rity YK Wong
Ms. Irene MH Yung
|Research Staff:||Ms. Catherine SK Cheung
Ms. Esther Yeung
Facilities and Clinical Services
- Infectious Disease Wards and Airborne Isolation Wards
- 'Infectious Disease Working Group' clinical research unit
- In-patient management of severe infections
- Out-patient clinics (1. General Infectious Diseases, 2. Hospital Authority referral centre for metabolic complications of HIV/AIDS)
- Consultation services
- Antibiotic Stewardship Programme
- Infection Control
- Emerging infectious diseases with major public health significance:
- Influenza (seasonal, pandemic, avian)
- Novel coronaviruses (SARS)
- Viral and bacterial pneumonia
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Pulmonary and extra-pulmonary TB
- HIV/AIDS and metabolic complications
- We conduct translational research focusing on clinical management, clinical trials, disease transmission, infection control, and immunopathogenesis.
- We provide undergraduate and postgraduate research training in infectious diseases
- Lee N, Leo YS, Cao B, Chan PK, Kyaw WM, Uyeki TM, et al. Neuraminidase inhibitors, superinfection and corticosteroids affect survival of influenza patients. Eur Respir J. 2015;45(6):1642-52.
- Lee N, Hui DSC, Zuo Z, Ngai KLK, Lui GCY, Wo SK, et al. A Prospective intervention study on higher-dose Oseltamivir treatment in adults hospitalized with influenza A and B infections. Clin Infect Dis 2013;57(11):1511-9.
- Lee N, Lui GC, Wong KT, Li TC, Tse EC, Chan JY, et al. High morbidity and mortality in adults hospitalized for respiratory syncytial virus infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57(8):1069-77.
- Chan PK, Lee N, Zaman M, Adisasmito W, Coker R, Hanshaoworakul W, et al. Determinants of antiviral effectiveness in influenza virus A subtype H5N1. J Infect Dis. 2012;206(9):1359-66.
- Lee N, Hui DS. Dexamethasone in community-acquired pneumonia. Lancet 2011;378(9795):979-80.
- Lee N, Chan PK, Lui GC, Wong BC, Sin WW, Choi KW, et al. Complications and outcomes of pandemic 2009 influenza a (H1N1) virus infection in hospitalized adults. J Infect Dis. 2011;203(12):1739-47.
- Lee N, Chan PK, Wong CK, Wong KT, Choi KW, Joynt GM, et al. Viral clearance and inflammatory response patterns in adults hospitalized for pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) virus pneumonia. Antivir Ther. 2011;16(2):237-47.
- Wong BC, Lee N, Li Y, Chan PK, Qiu H, Luo Z, et al. Possible role of aerosol transmission in a hospital outbreak of influenza. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51(10):1176-83.
- Adisasmito W, Chan PK, Lee N, et al. Effectiveness of antiviral treatment in human influenza A(H5N1) infections: Analysis of a global patient registry. J Infect Dis. 2010;202(8):1154-60.
- Lee N, Chan PK, Lam WY, Szeto CC, Hui DS. Co-infection with pandemic H1N1 and seasonal H3N2 influenza viruses. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152(9):618-9.
- Lee N, Choi KW, Chan PK, Hui DS, Lui GC, Wong BC, et al. Outcomes of adults hospitalised with severe influenza. Thorax. 2010;65(6):510-5.
- Lee N, Chan PK, Hui DS, Rainer TH, Wong E, Choi KW, et al. Viral loads and duration of viral shedding in adult patients hospitalized with influenza. J Infect Dis. 2009;200(4):492-500.
- Lee N, Wong CK, Chan PK, Lun SW, Lui G, Wong B, et al. Hypercytokinemia and hyperactivation of phospho-p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in severe human influenza A virus infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;45(6):723-731.
- Man SY, Lee N, Ip M, Antonio GE, Chau SS, Mak P, et al. Prospective comparison of three predictive rules for assessing severity of community-acquired pneumonia in Hong Kong. Thorax. 2007;62(4):348-53.
- Lee N, Hui DS, Wu A, Chan P, Cameron P, Joynt GM, et al. A major outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong. New Engl J Med 2003;348(20):1986-1994.