Division of Geriatrics
|Team Leader (Academic affairs)||Prof. Timothy CY Kwok, Professor|
|Team Leader (Geriatric services)||Dr. Elsie Hui, Consultant|
|Members||Prof. Jean Woo, Henry G. Leong Professor of Gerontology and Geriatrics Dr. Ruby HY Yu, Research Assistant Professor Dr. Christopher CM Lum, Consultant Dr. Raymond SK Lo, Consultant Dr. Kevin KH Or, Consultant Dr. Maria WS Tang, Associate Consultant Dr. Jenny SW Lee, Associate Consultant Dr. Wency WS Ho, Associate Consultant Dr. Winnie WL Ng, Associate Consultant Dr. Bosco HM Ma, Resident Specialist Dr. Daniel KL Yuk, Specialist Trainee|
Research InterestsThese include epidemiological aspects of ageing and common diseases (osteoporosis, cardiovascular and neurological diseases), public health aspects in relation to the Hong Kong population (disability and disease burden, requirements for long term institutional care), health services delivery (development and assessment of new modes of delivery, development of outcome measures and quality assurance indicators, end of life care), nutritional status (elderly population in different settings, methods of assessment, screening methods, relation to outcome measures), and nutritional requirements.
- Pan JH, Song XY, Lee SY, Kwok T. (corresponding author) Longitudinal analysis of quality of life for stroke survivors using latent curve models. Stroke 2008; 39: 2795-2802.
- Woo J, Kwok T, Leung JCS, Ohlsson C, Vandenput L, Leung PC. Sex steroids and bone health in older Chinese men. Osteoporos Int 2012; 23(5): 1553-1562.
- Chan R, Chan D, Woo J, Ohlsson C, Mellström D, Kwok T, Leung PC. Not all elderly people benefit from Vitamin D supplementation with respect to physical function: Results from the Osteoporotic fractures in men study, Hong Kong. JAGS 2012; 60: 290-295.
- Woo J, Yu R, Yau F. Fitness, fatness and survival in elderly populations. Age 2013; 35: 973-984.
- Ma HM, Lee SWJ, Woo J. Should nursing home-acquired pneumonia be treated as nosocomial pneumonia? J Am Med Dir Assoc 2012; 13: 727-731.
- Chau PH, Wong M, Woo J. Challenge to long-term care for the elderly: cold weather impacts institutional population more than community-dwelling population. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2012; 13(9): 788-793.
- Woo J, Leung J, Morley JE. Comparison of frailty indicators based on clinical phenotype and the multiple deficit approach in predicting mortality and physical limitation. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012; 60(8): 1478-1486.
- Lee JSW, Auyeung TW, Kwok T, Li Martin, Leung J, Woo J. Survival benefit of abdominal adiposity: A 6-year follow-up study with Dual X-ray absorptiometry in 3,978 older adults. Age 2012; 34(3): 597-608.
- Chau PH, Woo J, Kwok T, Chan F, Hui E, Chan KC. Usage of community services and domestic helpers predicted institutionalization of elders having functional or cognitive impairments: A 12-month longitudinal study in Hong Kong. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2012; 13(2): 169-175.
- Kwok T, Bai X, Chui MYP, Lai CKY, Ho DWH, Ho FKY, Woo J. Effect of physical restraint reduction on older patients’ hospital length of stay. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2012; 13: 645-650.
- Chan R, Chan D, Woo J. A cross sectional study to examine the association between dietary patterns and cognitive impairment in older Chinese people in Hong Kong. The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging 2013; doi: 10.1007/s12603-013-0348-5.
- Kwok T, Lee J, Law CB, Pan PC, Yung CY, Choi KC, Lam LC. A randomized placebo controlled trial of homocysteine lowering to reduce cognitive decline in older demented people. Clinical Nutrition (published online).